Sunday, November 1, 2009

6 month old Daisy

Well, Julia's 6 months old now and she is getting so big!  Or not so big, just depends on how you look at it.  We had her 6 month doctor's appointment yesterday and everything is going great.  She is weighing in at 12 1/2 pounds and 25 inches long, she is all up to date on her shots (and handled them like a champ) and her mommy and daddy's long list of questions have been answered by the good doctor.  We've already started a new one, too.  :)
We are loving this season here at the Swann house.  It was actually one year ago yesterday that we moved into our beloved home.  So strange how it can seem like yesterday but also SO long ago.  This is not a recent picture, for all you out of towners, it was taken last winter but it's one of my favorites.



Some stuff that's been happening...

Hanging out with Daddy and her best friend Jack,

Her buddy BellaRose,

And her Mimi, Pops and Sam


 
She is also starting to scoot a little.  For Julia this involves a lot of rocking back and forth and stretching and reaching.  It's usually a slow process but she can get what she wants.  She has now moved out of the play gym and are now using pretty much the whole rug as a play area.  She's taking over!

And now for a slew of Halloween pictures!  This year Julia was a daisy.  She was such a CUTE daisy that I am really fighting the urge to dress her up again today.  We had so much fun with this costume and I know this is crazy but I think she really enjoyed wearing it.  Maybe she likes the taste of foam.  Here she is, in all her blooming glory.




Here she is with her little cupcake cousin.  I love Cupcake's face here.  It's like she knows Julia wants to eat all her sprinkles.

 Don't even think about it, Daisy


I will sprinkle you, Cupcake.

We also went to the Lowrance's house for their annual Pumpkin Carving Party.  This was our first time to attend this party and we had no idea what we'd been missing.  It was so much fun!  We left our camera at Nick's parents house and so didn't get any pictures but I saw many pictures being taken, so hopefully some will be out there in the blogworld before too long.  Thanks, Lowrances for such a fun party!

9 comments:

Becky Swann said...

SO much to say
what a big girl, thought you had snow and we didn't, the back and forth between the cupcake and the daisy cracked me up! especially Julia's face! Good post well done

Courtney said...

Daisy and cupcake are so adorable! Great costumes. I can see why Julia loved hers! She was smiling so big too!

Beth and Chris Maslin said...

I wish Halloween happened more often. Babies should always be in costume. Great post!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

that last picture of Julia is gorgeous. I love her face!
She was just so darn cute in that outfit! So glad you made it out. I am also thrilled BellaRose made the blog and I love that picture a lot!

Julie said...

Both of my boys weighed over 13 lbs at their six week appts!!!! (don't remember about Annie) Julia is so tiny! which I think is adorably perfect!

Cute costume!

Anonymous said...

Mimi says....Our little Daisy is soooo precious! I LOVE that last picture of her! I'm so glad she had a great 1st Halloween.

Unknown said...

o niki, she is the cutest daisy ever. i love that costume, you did such a great job and so creative. you swann girls really know how to do it right.
i love your house, that picture is really great with the snow.

Margaret said...

so so so CUTE!! She really did not mind that costume at all, I was so impressed. Thanks so much for coming to our party. We were so excited to have you there. Hopefully next year there will be no rain and just think, our little munchkins will be running around...yikes, so hard to imagine.

Cup of Homrich said...

haha that last one is my favorite!!! The one of her with mom and dad is super good. You should frame that for them for Christmas!!