
Well, I truly hoped I wouldn't be blogging again before Julia got here, but, what are you gonna do? I have been getting so many texts and phone calls from friends wondering how I'm doing lately that I figured an update might be necessary. So, here you go:
Our last doctor's appointment yielded the report that I'm 2 cm and 70% effaced. Julia is still just as happy as she was last week, and she still seems to be in no hurry to join us here on the outside. She has plenty of room, fluid, and nourishment where she is. You know, I don't think I'd be in a hurry to come out either. Maybe she is just laid-back like her mama. We did schedule an induction for Wednesday. So, she will definitely be here by then if she doesn't get motivated and come on her own.
So, in the meantime, we are hanging out and trying to keep busy. I feel like I've walked more miles in the past 3 weeks than I have throughout my entire pregnancy up to that point. (with absolutely no apparent effect other than giving me something to do:). But, Nick and I did get to go on a fun hike in Montreat last weekend and took some pictures with our new camera. It's appropriate that they mostly feature Jack because it might be the only pictures you get of her for awhile. I know that will be devastating news for those of you who visit my blog solely for the purpose of keeping up with her busy and exciting life. I'm sorry. Hopefully you will enjoy this little tribute.

9 comments:
Our computer was in the shop for the past week and I was panicking I was going to miss the arrival, but I'm glad to say I haven't. She'll come out in her own sweet time, she's already standing up against peer pressure...you've taught her so well. =) Love you and thinking about you guys lots right now.
Ok, I looked at that picture of you and Nick before I read the post and thought, hhhmmm, maybe that was last summer or something. Let me just say that you have the skinniest face ever to be 9 months plus pregnant! You look so darn good! and your pigtails are the cutest ever.
I hope she comes soon! Thanks for the update.
Julie!! I was thinking the same thing. I totally thought that was last summer too! Niki you look gorgeous. I can't believe that she will be here this week. I am so excited to meet this precious little girl.
I was thinking the same thing. How do you look non pregnant in the face, never seen that before.
That girls got great genes.
o Julia, come soon, so we can hold you and kiss you.
Ditto ditto ditto, I thought that too, I thought, Oh Niki is posting pictures of funs times before she was pregnant, but nope,I guess you are only pregnant in the belly. I guess Julia is taking time getting the chubby cheeks on the outside, while you manage to remain tiny and able to hike! I applaud you. We are praying that my sweet precious niece gets here soon. I love her so much already!
I meant to write on the inside, but I guess outside works if I'm talking about Julia, oh my gosh could I make this more confusing
Wow. you guys are the best. Thank you so much for the encouragement.
I don't think I would want to come out either! = ) I enjoyed seeing Jack! She is so cute and shinny black!!! Can't wait to meet Julia!!
Oh Jack I will miss you! Thanks for the tribute Niki, always loved that pup! So everyone has said it but I totally was thinking that wasn't a prego pic of your face...amazing! I hope little Julia comes soon for you! Maybe you should hike to the top of Mt. Mitchell and back ;-) Miss you and am thinking about you guys all the time!
Post a Comment